Song of the Post: Iron Maiden – The Clairvoyant
Well we downed Saph and Kel, no helm or gun :(. Oh well.
I had been thinking about something that I would wanna try with 4 other people just to see how far we can get. One of my guildmates and I had talked about it before and it is kinda similar to what Bell had said on her blog, but a step further.
Get a group of 5 together and start at Deadmines or Ragefire (depending on faction). Start completely naked and work your way up through each dungeon in level order. Equip any gear that you get during the run whether its greens or blues. The goal is to see how far you can get without it being a wipefest. If you wanted to be hardcore about it, you could always say first wipe and you are done. I think this would be something fun to do and could present itself to be a challenge once you start getting into the higher level dungeons.
Nothing is really going on in game right now. We are going to attempt to try to take out Sartharion with 3 drakes up over the weekend since it is really the only thing we have not done with 10 man content. So we shall see how that goes. But other than that we just have Malygos left to clear.
This weekend I think I may work on my Death Knight Bludburn. He is currently 63 right now and he is sporting Jewelcrafting/Mining professions that I would like to level up. Because of how much content is left to do till Tuesday, there will probably not be much raiding, which is fine. I love working on alts! 🙂
On a side note, my wife and I are going to a japanesse steakhouse tonight. Hopefully I won’t make my stomach explode after eating so much :-P. Have a great weekend!
Song of the Post: Nightrage – Death-Like Silence
So yesterday the “Hunter Nerf of 2009” hit. All I have to say is, thank god I do not play as BM :-P.
Lorkey is a Marksman hunter. A few reasons why I went in this direction:
- As much as I enjoy having a pet, I hate managing them in dungeons/raids. Maybe its just me being a huntard, but sometimes my pet will grab an extra group due to him being too close to a mob while he is attacking the main mob we are attacking. More on this later…
- More interesting shots and shot rotations. When leveling as BM, all I did was send the pet in, Serpent Sting, then just Steady Shot between my auto shots (I still try my best to do this even though Steady Shot doesn’t block the auto shot anymore, old habits don’t die I suppose). Pretty boring if you ask me! Now I have Aimed Shot, a buffed up Arcane Shot, and Chimera Shot which is BA! Its a lot of fun trying to figure out the best way to maximize my DPS between all of these shots and weaving them in and out.
- I like the fact that most of the damage comes from myself, because I am selfish like that :-).
But back to my first point above. I have an idea for Blizzard in regards to pet management. They should add a box shaped button on the pet bar that has an arrow pointing out on all 4 sides. These directions would indicate where your pet should position itself when attacking. This way, you have control of where your pet should be and to avoid the pet being close to either patrols or the next group. I don’t know if that would be too complicated of a button to implement into the game, but it was just an idea.
Hopefully this week I can either get the T7 Helm or the Gun from Kel! All we have left is Saph and Kel in Naxx. Wish me luck!
Song of the Post: In This Moment – Forever
So yeah, I haven’t really posted something in a while. So lets catch up on things…
Happy New Year!
Ok there we go :-P. A lot has happened in WoW since the last time I posted so I will break it down.
- Wrath is finally out (well for 3 months now, but give me a break!) and this expansion is fantastic! The questing, the zones, the dungeons are way better than Burning Crusade!
- I now have not just one, but TWO 80s. Loupe was my first to 80 and it took me about 2 weeks or so to hit that. Lorkey hit 80 the 1st of the year.
- I leveled Loupe as Boomkin the entire time and did heroics and some Naxx as Boomkin and eventually went to Resto due to the lack of healers in our guild. One of my guild mates switched from his warlock to his druid and became Resto as well, so we didn’t need 3 healers (we are doing 10 man content). Because of the way our guild is set up, we only had 1 ranged DPS. So I decided to get my hunter to 80 and raid with him. Lorkey is my current main.
- As of January 17th, we officially cleared all of the 10 man content! On Alliance side we were the 5th to clear Naxx and 4th to defeat Malygos on the server.
So its pretty exciting to be playing WoW right now! I have really been enjoying raiding with the hunter. Lots of high DPS and its not as boring as it was with my mage with just frostbolt spam (although I am sure spell rotation is different now in WOTLK). I am currently specced Marksman and really enjoying all that a Marksman brings to a raid.
Anyways, I hope I will keep up with this blog. There has been a lot of stuff that I could talk about since Wrath is out now. Metal it up!
PS: Anyone who is looking for a cool metal instrumental album, I recommend Jeff Loomis – Zero Order Phase. Good stuff!